With the ongoing challenges around COVID-19, it's important to Amy's School of Dance to continue providing the safest environment as possible for our students. We also understand the value of human connection and being TOGETHER. Our preference (hands down!) is to provide in-person classes throughout the year.
The following measures have been put in place by Amy’s School of Dance to provide a safe environment for our studio family. Please review this information with your child.
· When the weather permits, we will run most classes outdoors. The exception is older kids (in pointe) and tumbling; we will likely always be indoors for those.
· Staff will conduct health screening of everyone entering the building or arriving for classes each day (i.e. taking temperatures, etc).
· Students will bring their bags/belongings to the classroom (or outdoor space) and will have a designated area to set their bags/belongings at least 6 feet apart.
· Students should come dressed (dressing room access will be restricted). Dance attire is still require, however, students may choose to wear tights or leggings.
· All students will be spread out while in class; we will attempt to remain 6 feet apart at all times. We have provided visual guides to help students and teachers remain at their designated distances.
· In the event that the studio needs to close down due to COVID-19, we will provide online instruction through Zoom.
Students should bring-
1. Water bottle (filled)
2. Tennis shoes AND dance shoes
3. Face mask (Reserve an ASOD here!)
4. Yoga mat or beach towel (optional)
5. Sunscreen (optional)
6. Bug spray (optional)
7. Tap board (optional)
· EVERYONE should stay home when you’re not feeling well.
· We require everyone to self-report if they have been exposed to COVID-19, exhibiting symptoms or diagnosed with the coronavirus.
· Any students with COVID-19 must quarantine for at least 14 days and will not be able to return until released from a physician (doctor’s note required).
· All chairs have been removed from the lobby.
· Students should not arrive more than 5 minutes before scheduled class time and shall leave within 5 minutes of completion.
· Parents should remain in their vehicles or wait for their children outside of the studio. Staff or assistants will walk the younger kids out to parents after class.
· Water refills will not be available; drinking fountains will be restricted. Students should plan ahead.
· Staff will be present during classes to help with screenings and enforce new safety rules.
· Additional cleaning and sanitization will take place between every class.
· We will promote healthy and frequent hand washing.
· Access to the dressing rooms and kitchen will be restricted.
· Bathrooms are available but we ask students to plan ahead to minimize use.